Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the ‘Company’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Ponti Food & Wine Cellar Ltd and the ‘Customer’ or ‘you’ means any person, firm, company, corporation or body which places an order with the Company.
It is illegal to sell alcohol to people under the age of 18. By placing an order, the Customer confirms that he/she is 18 years old or above. The Customer shall ensure that no other person shall use his/her login to purchase alcohol products and a person aged 18 or above (identification required) must be present to take delivery or delivery shall be withdrawn and attempted at another time agreed.
The Company shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on our online store are up-to-date. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to Company's acceptance at our sole discretion and stock availability.
Each order is limited to HK$10,000 or 60 bottles (whichever comes first). All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and we reserve the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products or services requested is unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfill any of the products or services in your order, we will notify you by phone or email before your requested delivery date.
You are required to register with us when you use the services or place an order. By registering you are making a statement, upon which we are entitled to rely, that you are aged 18 years or above and capable of forming a legally binding contract. In consideration of your use of our services, you agree to:
1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself during registration; and
2) maintain and promptly update your registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your registration.
Price and Payment
1) All product prices listed in our online store are in Hong Kong dollars. The prices listed in our online store may differ from the prices of the same products in our physical shops. The applicable price shall be the price listed in our online store as at the date of purchase.
2) Acceptance of orders is subject to our sole discretion. If the order is cancelled by us, if you have already made any payment, we will make a refund. You agree and accept that we will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
3) We use third-party payment services to process online transactions. When you place an order, you agree and accept that your credit card information will be collected, processed, and kept by us and a payment service provider subject to its terms and conditions. You agree and accept that you are solely and exclusively responsible for any losses incurred or sustained by you in making credit card transactions, and in no event shall any such losses in whole or in part be borne by us.
1) You may enjoy free delivery service to a single location of your specified billing address when you make a single purchase of HK$1,800 or above at our online store. For purchase amount below HK$1,800, a delivery charge of HK$150 shall apply.
2) We only accept orders for delivery in Hong Kong and we only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Saturday except on the first four days of the Chinese New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force. Under bad weather conditions, delivery services could be delayed or suspended if typhoon signal No. 8 or black rainstorm warning is in force. Customer will be contacted for rescheduling the delivery at no cost if it is caused by bad weather conditions.
3) We currently do not make deliveries to logistics centers, remote areas and outlying islands, and buildings without elevator facility. We reserve the right to decline delivery at our sole discretion. You agree and accept that you will receive your ordered merchandise from our logistics service provider and under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
4) We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you place an order through our online store once payment is confirmed. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you provide us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
5) Subject to our online arrangement, you may be offered to select from any one of the delivery timeslots available at the time you make your order.Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under normal circumstances we will not accept cancellation of order or refund.
6) You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
Refund and Return Policy
1) The Customer must inspect the goods immediately upon delivery for any deficiencies and/or damages. Claims (if any) must be lodged to our customer service hotline (852) 2739 7678 at the time of delivery, otherwise you will be deemed to accept the goods with full satisfaction and we shall have the discretion to refuse your claim after delivery.
2) You must carefully inspect all goods upon collection/delivery. Upon receipt of goods, you will be deemed to accept the goods with full satisfaction and no return will be accepted thereafter.
3) All gift items with purchase must be returned together with the returned products. Otherwise the retail value of the gift item would be deducted from the refund.
4) No returns shall be made on glassware or accessories after the receiver has acknowledged receipt of the goods.
5) The company shall not be liable for any failure to meet obligations caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
6) Corks of vintage wines over 20 years old are prone to losing their elasticity, which can result in seepage. There has also been cases of compressed corks dropping/slipping into the bottle due to the loss of elasticity, regardless of whether they are in horizontal or vertical positions. We would like to remind that there is an inherent risk in purchasing vintage wines and due allowance must be made for this. Therefore, we respectfully have to state that under no circumstances will Ponti be able to offer credit, exchange, or return of vintage wines due to cork failure of any nature, as our insurance also does not offer such any compensation. Thank you for your kind understanding.
7) In case of any dispute, our determination shall be final.
We reserve the right to amend the above trading terms and conditions without prior notice. Thank you for your kind understanding.