Spier 21 Gables Pinotage 2017
- South Africa
- Red Wine
Flavours of caramelised black cherries, blackberry, allspice and dark chocolate lead to a generous palate with smooth, dense fruit and velvety tannins. The wine leaves an impression of poise, balance and length worthy of ageing.
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2021, Grand Gold Medal
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2021, Silver (90)
- John Platter Wine Guide 2020, 4.5 stars
- Tim Atkin Annual South African Report 2020, 92 points
- Veritas Wine Awards 2020, Silver
The artistic Spier winery is located close to the South African town of Stellenbosch. The history of this beautiful and sprawling winery dates back to as early as 1692, which makes it one of the most ancient wineries in South Africa. One of the collections popular in the Spier Winery is the 21 Gables Collection. The wines in this range are made from the choicest of grapes that contain unique flavours are processed in such a way that their original character is retained in the wines.