Drappier Charles de Gaulle NV
Drappier's Urville-based cellars were constructed by Cistercian monks from Clairvaux Abbey and are among the oldest in Champagne, dating back to 1152. The house, founded in 1808, is known for its Pinot Noir-dominant wines, and its minimal use of sulfur and dosage. The estate owns 53 hectares (131 acres) of vineyard land, and farms another 50ha (124 acres) in contractual arrangements with local growers. Pinot Noir thrives in the Aube and makes up the bulk of Drappier's plantings.